Click on Program #, Download and ListenDateline Irish sponsored by BrandMill, LLC - marketing experts who will transform your business through fact-based processes and innovative marketing systems designed to achieve dramatic, measurable and profitable results.
Diane V. Byrnes DATELINE IRISH
78 GRANT AVE. February 27, 2011
PITTSBURGH, PA. 15223 PROGRAM # 1197
Sunday, February 27
• Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810AM at 12:30PM; the Ireland Report from Belfast with Mairtin O’Muilleoir, www.irishecho.com
Live Stream – www.wedo810.com
, click on “Listen Live”. Or listen from the Archives – www.wedo810.com
, click on Program Guide, scroll down to Echoes of Erin, click on, choose Program # and download, click on to listen and time of day or night. Information Diane Byrnes 412-781-6368. Guests in studio, Bill Goodrich & Jack Goodrich, Attorneys at Law and Sponsor of The Ireland Report through March.
Tuesday, March 1
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412-279-0770, features Irish Night with Harp, Guinness, & Smithwick’s; Specials from 8:00 PM. Happy Hour is every Tuesday through Friday from 5pm to 7pm.
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle, 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412-642-6622 features Ceili Dancing from 7:00pm.
Thursday, March 3
• Michael Lamb’s Kick-Off to St. Patrick’s Day Party at Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle, from 6:00PM. Entertainment with Guaranteed Irish.
• Pittsburgh Public Theatre presents “Circle Mirror Transformation” winner of the 2010 OBIE Award for Best New American Play at the O’Reilly Theater. Tickets 412.316.1600 or visit www.ppt.org.
Friday, March 4
• St. Patrick’s Day Parade Button Party at Mitchell’s Restaurant, 304 Ross St., Downtown. Purchase of the Buttons help to support the Parade expenses. 5:30PM.
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle, 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412-642-6622 features Adam and The River Blackwater Band at 9:00 PM. High energy, enthusiastic, performing Celtic rock, traditional, and more. Debut performance.
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412-279-0770, features Entertainment 9:00PM.
Saturday, March 5
• The Wheeling Celtic Festival at Wheeling Artisan Center, 1400 Main Street, downtown Wheeling, WV. http://artisancenter.com/coming_events
(underscore between g and e). Entertainment includes Ballad Singer Terry Griffith, Ballad Singer Mike Gallagher, MacDonald Pipe Band of Pittsburgh, Gallowglass, the Burke and Bell Schools of Irish Dance. 1.800.828.3097. Admission $5.00 at door, children under 12 Free.
• Calliope Concerts 2010-11 presents Solas in Concert at Carnegie Lecture Hall in Oakland, 7:30 PM. Tickets ProArts Tickets. Information www.calliopehouse.org; www.solasmusic.com
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle, 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412-642-6622 features Adam and The River Blackwater Band at 9:00 PM. High energy, enthusiastic, performing Celtic rock, traditional, and more.
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412-279-0770, features Entertainment 9:00 PM.
Sunday, March 6
• St. Patrick’s Day Mass and Communion Breakfast celebrated at the Sheraton @ Station Square, Ballroom No. 3, 300 West Station Square Drive at 10:00 AM. Celebrant will be Bishop David A. Zubik. Following Mass will be Breakfast and a brief Program. Reservations John McEvoy at 412-431-7196, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Kevin Conboy at 412-885-4042, Email email@example.com
. Place an advertisement in Program Book by contacting Jack Haggerty, President, AOH Division #9 by email to Haggerty9n11@yahoo.com. Mass and Communion Breakfast sponsored jointly by AOH-Allegheny County Board and Division Nine ‘The Oakland Irish’.
• Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810 AM at 12:30 PM; The Ireland Report with Patricia Sharkey, Editor of the Donegal Newsletter, www.dun-na-ngall.com.
Telephone interview with Sean McGuinness of The Dublin City Ramblers.
• The Burke Conroy School of Irish Dance presents ‘An Afternoon of Irish Dance’ at Antonian Theater, Carlow University, 3:00 PM. Tickets – Adult $10, Student $7, Child $5, FREE children under 8. Also appearing John McCann & Bob Banjeree performing exciting music!
• LAOH Div 11 is sponsoring the Dublin City Ramblers , 6:00 PM at Finnigan’s Wake, 20 East General Robinson Street on the North Shore Price $25 proceeds for the LAOH Charities. Contact Mary Haggerty 412.922.5177 or Mary Lou Conroy 412.683.2203.
Tuesday, March 8
• The High Kings, with Finbar Clancy, Brian Dunphy, Martin Furey, & Darren Holden, in concert at the Hard Rock Café, 230 W. Station Square Drive, Station Square. 8:30 PM, Tickets $27.50, 412.481.7625. This is the release date of their new CD “Memory Lane”, BRILLIANT!!http://www.ticketmaster.com/The-High-Kings-tickets/artist/1203366
• Mike Gallagher performing at Kelly’s Irish Pub in Bridgewater, from 8:00 PM till 11:00 PM.
Thursday, March 10
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle, 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412-642-6622 features Finnegan’s Wake with RED HAND PADDY at 9:00 PM. A stage production and reenactment of the song Finnegan's wake. Featuring a live corpse in a coffin! Come pay your respects to old Tim Finnegan and be sure to stay to see if he will rise again this year!
Friday, March 11
• Pittsburgh Ceili Club at www.pittsburghceiliclub.org/
is sponsoring the Annual ‘Kick-Off’ Ceili at Epiphany Church Hall @ 7:00 PM with Appetizers. Music by The Usual Suspects. Tickets must be purchased in advance, Deadline – March 1st, $25.00. Joanne Fitzgerald 724.274.9661.
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412-279-0770, features Entertainment 9:00 PM.Saturday, March 12
• St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Formation from Liberty Ave & 26th Street up to Greyhound Bus Station at 11th Street, proceed down Grant Street to the Blvd of the Allies. Parade steps out at 10:00AM.
• Shovlin Academy of Dance & Pittsburgh Ceili Club hosts ‘St. Patrick’s Day Post Parade Party’ at Epiphany Church, next to Consol Energy Center from Noon to 4:00 PM. Tickets must be purchased in advance, Deadline – March 1st. Liz Shovlin Grinko 412.563.2538. Music, lunch, raffles, Step Dance Performance.
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle features 12 hours of Live Irish Music. We will be serving breakfast from 8am - 10am! (Inside) NOON Mark Guiser, 4pm Whiskey Limerick, 8pm Red Hand Paddy. (Outside) 4pm McClorey & Manning, 7:30pm Guaranteed Irish
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412-279-0770, will celebrate.
• Mike Gallagher at Easy Street, downtown from Noon till 4:00 PM.
• Knights of Equity & Daughters of Erin after Parade Party at Mullins on the North Side, Federal Street at E. General Robinson St. from Noon to 5:00 PM. $5.00 Cover, menu & raffles.
• Terry Griffith at Bigham Tavern, 321 Bigham St., Mt. Washington, 3:00 PM and CAPPY’s, on Walnut Street in Shadyside at 9:00 PM.
• The Rivermen performing at Atria’s, 3pm to 6pm, 103 Federal St. North side, 412.322.1850. Duke’s Upper Deck Café from 7pm, 122 W 8th Ave., Homestead.
• The Irish Centre, 6886 Forward Ave., in Squirrel Hill, will host its annual party with a traditional dinner and entertainment by Na Gaels. Admission is $20; Children under 18 are free. You can make your reservations by calling Mary Clark at 412-761-3897 or sending an email to Mary Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org . Doors open at 6:30PM. BYOB.
Sunday, March 13
• Ballad Singer Mike Gallagher is performing at Christian Klay Winery from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Event requires reservation 724.439.3424, good wine, Irish Stew and Irish Music! www.cwklaywinery.com
• The Rivermen at St. Max’s Irish Party with The Bell School of Irish Dancers from 2pm to 7pm. St. max Parish Hall, 363 W. 11th Street, Homestead. Tickets 412.461.1054 or 412.461.3406. $20 Donation includes Dinner, Open Bar, & Live Irish Music. Tickets available at door as well.
• Delhi 2 Dublin, from Vancouver, this band brings an energetic mashup of Bhangra, Celtic, Dub Reggae, and Electronica with global rhythms and club beats. Shadow Lounge, 5972 Baum Blvd., Pgh PA 15206, www.shadowlounge.net. Guinness Special $3 Drafts!! Presented by Global Beats. Tickets in Advance $12, at Door $15.
Tuesday, March 15
• Mike Gallagher at Giant Eagle at Settlers Ridge from 11:30 AM till 1:30 PM.March 17
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412-279-0770 will celebrate.
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle features 12 hours of Live Irish Music. (Inside) NOON Mark Guiser, 4pm Whiskey Limerick, 8pm Red Hand Paddy. (Outside) 4pm McClorey & Manning, 7:30pm Guaranteed Irish
• Mike Gallagher at Easy Street, downtown from 4:30 PM till ??
• Terry Griffith at Rivers Casino, 6:00 PM
• The Gaelic Arts Society presents Annual St. Patrick’s Day Banquet at PAA in Oakland, 6:30PM.
Saturday & Sunday, March 26 & 27
• The Irish Centre of Pittsburgh presents the ‘West Virginia Feis’ at the Pittsburgh Airport Hyatt Regency. Volunteers welcome, information Jim Graven – 724.834.0233 or Email: email@example.com.
Sunday, March 27
• Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810AM at 12:30PM; the Ireland Report from Belfast with Mairtin O’Muilleoir, www.irishecho.com Live Stream – www.wedo810.com, click on “Listen Live”. Or listen from the Archives – www.wedo810.com, click on Program Guide, scroll down to Echoes of Erin, click on, choose Program # and download, click on to listen and time of day or night. Information Diane Byrnes 412-781-6368.
• ‘SongSpace’ a nonprofit Coffeehouse Music Series presents Matt & Shannon Heaton at the First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh, 605 Morewood Ave., Shadyside. Doors open @ 6:30PM, Tickets at Door, suggested donation $15 general / $10 students. Information 412.337.1594 or www.uusongspace.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, March 29
• Terry Griffith performing at Kelly’s Irish Pub in Bridgewater, from 8:00 PM till 11:00 PM.
Thursday, March 31
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle, 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412-642-6622 features Ballad Singer Terry Griffith at 8:00 PM.
Saturday, April 2
• Tartan Day Celebration at Obama Int’l Academy / Schenley Pittsburgh / (Old Reisenstein School) 129 Denniston Ave at the cross roads of Penn Ave & East Liberty Blvd in East Liberty. Free Admission & Parking. Vendors, Entertainment, Workshops, Food, plus more. www.tartandaypa.cmna.org Email to Carole Harland, email@example.com.
• Echoes of Erin will participate in Tartan Day.
• The Gaelic Arts Society will be represented at Tartan Day Celebration at the Obama Culture Academy.
Sunday, April 10
• The Gaelic Arts Society presents An Irish Garden Lecture at the Dithridge House Party Room, 220 No. Dithridge St. Oakland, 2:30PM
Saturday, April 16
• Daughters of Erin ‘Spring Fling’ Annual Card Party. Information 724-776-2793 or 412-600-7728, Details TBD.
Saturday, April 30
• AOH Division 1 in South Hills presents their Annual “Night of Irish Music” at the Castle Shannon Volunteer Fire Hall, Sleepy Hollow Road. Music with Corned Beef & Curry, and the Bell School of Irish Dance. Order tickets with Rick O’Malley; Details Later.
Friday, May 6
• Pittsburgh Ceili Club at www.pittsburghceiliclub.org/ is sponsoring their monthly Ceili at the VFW in Morningside on Morningside Ave., Ceili @ 8:00 PM.
Saturday, May 7
• Irish American Unity Conference commemorates the 30th Anniversary of the 1981 Hunger Strikes with Mass at St. Patrick’s Church, 17th Street & Liberty Ave., in The Strip at 4:00 PM. Additional details TBA.
• The Gaelic Arts Society presents A One Act Play. Details TBA. At the Dithridge House Party Room, 220 No. Dithridge St. Oakland, 2:30PM.
May 22 – 29
• Sessions-At-Sea Cruises with Seamus Kennedy, The Makem & Spain Brothers, Hanneke Cassel, Laura Cortese, aboard Holland America’s Oosterdam sailing Alaska Inside Passage Cruise. Ports of Call Seattle, Puget Sound Cruising, Glacier Bay and Inside Passage, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria, B.C.. To Book – 1-888-564-7474 or www.sessions-at-sea.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Reference Seamus Kennedy when booking your reservation, email@example.com
• The Gaelic Arts Society presents “An Irish High Tea” 1:30PM, other details TBA.
• Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh’s 11th Annual Summer Reading Extravaganza, 12 Noon to 5:00 pm at CLP – Main Library in Oakland. “One World, Many Stories at Your Library!” Open to the whole family. Attention explorers!! Travel the world without leaving Pittsburgh. Embark on your summer reading adventures with live entertainment and free family activities. Learn about different cultures and celebrate this year’s global summer reading theme in an afternoon packed with fun!
June 18 – June 29
• Seamus Kennedy’s ‘Scotland & Ireland Adventure’ – RT Air from Newark / Edinburgh / Dublin / Newark, Breakfast Daily, 8 Dinners, 10 nights 1st class hotels, fully escorted via deluxe Motorcoach & Irish Driver Guide, Ferry from Scotland to Ireland, Admissions, Porterage one suitcase pp, Entertainment with Seamus Kennedy, plus more. Reservations: Isle Inn Tours 1-800-237-9376 x 18, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Seamus Kennedy / email@example.com.
July 22, 23, & 24
• 29th Annual Cleveland Cultural Festival at Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, www.clevelandirish.org – Entertainment with Cherish the Ladies, Tommy Fleming, New Barleycorn, Dermot Henry, Dennis Doyle, Brigids Cross, The Kilroys, Michael Crawley, Eileen Ivers & Immigrant Soul, Patrick O’Sullivan, Girsa, Seven Nations, Screaming Orphans, Slide, The High Kings, Guaranteed Irish, Scythian, Dublin City Ramblers, Boston Comhaltas, and more. Details TBA. 1.800.485.8013 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.