Click on Program #, Download and ListenDateline Irish sponsored by BrandMill, LLC
Diane V. Byrnes DATELINE IRISH
78 GRANT AVE. September 4, 2011
PITTSBURGH, PA. 15223 PROGRAM # 1224
, - marketing experts who will transform your business through fact-based processes and innovative marketing systems designed to achieve dramatic, measurable and profitable results. Steve Wayhart 412.401.0555.
Sunday, September 4
• Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810am, The Ireland Report with Patricia Sharkey, Donegal; Editor of the Donegal Newsletter at www.dun-na-ngall.com
. Live Stream – www.wedo810.com
click on “Listen Live’. Guest in studio is John (Jack / Sean) Webber with the Gaelic Arts Society of Pittsburgh, also the Sponsor of ‘An Inspirational Moment’.
• Traditional Irish Music Session at The Map Room Grille & Bar, 1126 S. Braddock Ave., Regent Square, 5:00 pm to 7:00pm with HOOLEY.
• Postponed until further notice. Washington County, AOH Division 1 will sponsor “Irish Honor America”, with the Singing AOH, at Rostrevor Ice Garden, Route 51 South. Information contact Bill Lee, 724.483.5938, Cell 412.997.9417 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The West Virginia Irish Road Bowling Association will sponsor a pilot program from May 1 to October 8, 2011. Matches taking place in Ireland, WV; Buckhannon, Blackwater Falls State Park, Canaan Valley Resort State Park, Cacapon Resort State Park, Smithburg (near West Union), Philippi, Shepherdstown, Elkins, Kingwood, Holly River State Park, and Stonewall Jackson Resort State Park. Information www.wvirishbroadbowling.com
. David Powell, 202.387.1680.
Tuesday, September 6
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412.279.0770, features Irish Night with Harp, Guinness, & Smithwick’s Specials from 8:00 PM. Happy Hour is every Tuesday through Friday from 5pm to 7pm. Paddys' opens at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Dinner Hours: Tues-Thurs 5-10 p.m., Fri & Sat 5-11 p.m.
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features Ceili Dancing from 7:00 pm.
Wednesday, September 7
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features Pgh. Irish Festival Volunteer Party
Thursday, September 8
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412.279.0770, Carnegie Days in Carnegie, lots of festivities outside with Entertainment.
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features Mike Medved on vocals & guitar at 7:30pm.
Friday, September 9
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features Happy Hour w/ The Professor & Mary Fran at 5:30pm; Corned Beef & Curry at 9pm, and good possibility bands from Pgh Irish Festival may come and join & create the festivities.
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412.279.0770, it’s Carnegie Days in Carnegie with all sorts of festivities taking place; entertainment with Ballad Singer Mike Gallagher at 900pm.September, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday 9, 10, 11
• Pittsburgh Irish Festival at The Riverplex at Sandcastle opening at 4:00pm on Friday. Entertainment: Gaelic Storm, Makem & Spain Brothers, Screaming Orphans, Carbon Leaf, Goitse, Tom Sweeney, David Kincaid, Searson, Colin Grant Band, Dennis Doyle, Cahal Dunne, and more. 412.422.1113, www.pghirishfest.org. Local Talent: Terry Griffith, Guaranteed Irish, Red Hand Paddy, Matthew Craig & Kerry Tipper, Mark Guiser, Corned Beef & Curry, Mike Gallagher, Callan, Bell School of Irish Dance, Burke-Conroy School of Irish Dance, Shovlin Academy of Irish Dance, Patrick Regan, Pittsburgh Irish Reelers, Pgh. Police & Drums. Dogs, Irish Sports, & Marketplace. New this year Kerry Bog Ponies & Genealogy Pavillion. Information: 412.422.1113.
Saturday, September 10
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features Corned Beef & Curry at 9pm, and good possibility bands from Pgh Irish Festival may come and join & create the festivities at 9:00pm.
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412.279.0770, it’s Carnegie Days in Carnegie with all sorts of festivities taking place; entertainment with Ballad Singer Sean McClorey at 900pm.
Sunday, September 11
• Catholic Mass at The Riverplex at Sandcastle at 10:00am with Fr. Sean Kealy at the Pgh Irish Festival.
• Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810AM at 12:30pm, Live News – The Ireland Report from Galway with Brian Nolan. Live Stream www.wedo810.com click on “Listen Live”.. Information Diane Byrnes 412.781.6368.Monday, September 12
• Dropkick Murphys Shamrock ‘n Roll Festival at Total Trib Media Amphitheatre at Station Square.
Opening bands: Street Dogs, Chuck Ragan, The Mahones, Parkington Sisters & more. Doors open 4:30 pm, show begins at 5:30 pm. The bands' main goal is to play music that creates an all for one, one for all environment where everyone is encouraged to participate, sing along, and hopefully have a good time. In the true spirit of punk rock we view the band and the audience as one in the same; in other words our stage and our microphone are yours. Buy Tickets online http://www.tribtotalmediaamp.com/events/2011/dropkick2011.html
• Introductory Course in Irish Gaelic with Peter Gilmore at the Upper Room (church), 5828 Forward Ave (between Murray & Shady Avenues in Squirrel Hill). $75 for six weeks. Information www.cngaeilge.com or Peter Gilmore at 412.352.0088.
Wednesday, September 14
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features Open Mic with Bob Banerjee at 8:00pm.
Friday, September 16
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features Happy Hour w/ Dean Kostlich on vocals & guitar at 5:30pm; Inside on stage is McClorey & Manning 9pm.
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412.279.0770, features Ballad Singer Sean McClorey at 900pm.
Saturday, September 17
• Irish Night at St. Catherine of Sweden Church Hall, 2554 Wildwood Road, Wildwood PA 15091. Gaelic Mass at 4:00pm, Festivities in Church Hall at 5:30pm with entertainment by, Celtic Swedes, Ballad Singer Mike Gallagher, Guaranteed Irish, The Bell School of Irish Dance, and Cue Ball. $30.00 per person, includes dinner, dessert, refreshments, 50/50 raffle & Chinese auction. Proceeds benefit the Building Fund. Information 412.486.6001.
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412.279.0770, features Ballad Singer Mike Gallagher at 900pm.
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622 featuring Adam & The Blackwater River Band at 9pm.
Sunday, September 18
• Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810am beginning at 12:30pm. The Ireland Report from Dublin with Davy Kettyles. www.wedo810.com ‘Listen Live’. Information Diane Byrnes 412.781.6368. Telephone Interview with Paddy Homan, musician, radio presenter out of Chicago, and writing his Ph.D. Thesis on Social Work and the music of Sean O’Riada.
• Gaelic Arts Society of Pittsburgh, Season Opening Luncheon at Pittsburgh Athletic Association in Oakland, 11:30am, Buffet at Noon, Guest Speaker. Reservations Earl McCabe, 412.761.1844.
Wednesday, September 21
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features Guitars Under the Stars on The Deck with Mike Filosemi at 7:30pm.
Friday, September 23
• AOH Division 4’s Irish Heritage Golf Classic benefits Tuition Assistance Fund for Diocese of Pittsburgh elementary schools, at Highland Country Club in West View. Shotgun start at 9 a.m. $ 100 per player. Tee and Corporate sponsors welcomed. Contact Bob Parry 724.933.0427 or email@example.com
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features The Official Notre Dame Pep Rally beginning at 6:00pm with Mike Filosemi, from 8th St. Rox from 6pm to 8pm. It is Pitt vs Notre Dame. Guaranteed Irish inside on stage at 9:00 pm. Proceeds benefit: Anne Mullaney's Dream to build a school in Haiti.
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412.279.0770, features Rick Manning on vocals & guitar 9:00 pm.** Guinness Toast is coming up, date to be determined – soon!!
Saturday, September 24
• Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412.279.0770, features Ballad Singer Sean McClorey at 900pm.
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features Entertainment at 9:00pm. TBA.
Sunday, September 25
• Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810AM at 12:30pm, Live News – The Ireland Report from Belfast with Mairtin O’Muilleoir or www.newbelfast.com and www.irishecho.com. Live Stream www.wedo810.com click on “Listen Live”. Information Diane Byrnes 412.781.6368.
Wednesday, September 28
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features Guitars Under the Stars on the Deck with Mark Guiser at 7:30pm. (weather permitting, otherwise inside on stage).
Friday, September 30
• Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features Happy Hour with Andy Halter at 5:30 pm, then Ballad Singer Terry Griffith at 9:00pm.
Saturday, October 1
• Anne Mullaney’s Dream for Haiti, Golf Tournament at 3 Lakes Golf Club (formerly Alcoma Country Club). Shotgun Start at 1:30pm. For $75. a ‘Private Party’ at Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle at 6:30pm with ‘meal-like- hor-dourves’, open bar, & musical entertainment. Auction with upscale items i.e. hotel stays, sporting tickets, etc. & 50/50 Raffle. Information David Regan @ 412.642.6622. An Official Program Book with variety of Sponsorship opportunities. Checks made payable to ‘Partners in Progress’, c/o Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle, David Regan, 2329 Penn Ave., Pgh PA 15222. Come on out and help fulfill Anne Mullaney’s dream of building a school in Haiti.
Monday, October 3
• In IRELAND – Candlelight Vigil to mark ending of Hunger Strike, assemble 6.30pm. Mickey Devine’s house ( Rathkeele Way ) and linking up to Patsy O Hara’s house (Ardfoyle, Bishop St.) then preceding to Hunger Strike Monument Rossville St.
Tuesday, October 4
• Celtic Thunder in Concert at The Benendum downtown Pittsburgh.Sunday, October 9
• Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810AM at 12:30pm, Live News – The Ireland Report from Galway with Brian Nolan. Live Stream www.wedo810.com click on “Listen Live”.. Information Diane Byrnes 412.781.6368. SPECIAL PROGRAMMING – “The Clancy Brothers & Tommy Makem Revisited” with special guest, Sean Cogan of The Cogan Brothers.
Sunday, October 30 through December 11
• The Ireland Institute of Pittsburgh welcomes a new group of 21 young persons for the Wider Horizons Program. This group is from the Tyrone-Donegal Partnership based in Omagh, Co. Tyrone. If you can host a one of these young folks at home or at work please contact Rob Tierney at the Ireland Institute at 412.394.3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. http://www.iiofpitt.org/
November 11 & 12
• The Balmoral Classic featuring the US Junior Solo Bagpiping and Snare Drumming Championships plus a concert with Breabach direct from Scotland. Information 412.323.2707 or Email email@example.com
Saturday & Sunday, November 12 & 13
• Heinz History Center presents Heritage Holidays at the Heinz History Center, 1212 Smallman Street, in The Strip from 10 am to 4 pm. A variety of Irish organizations will have display tables along with many other ethnic groups.
Sunday, November 20
• Gaelic Arts Society of Pgh will sponsor their Memorial Mass at St. Paul Cathedral in Oakland, Noon.
Saturday, November 26
• In IRELAND – Annual Pól Kinsella Function in conjunction with ’81 Hunger Strike Committee, remembering all those who played their roll during the 1981 Hunger Strike period both inside Blanketmen / Women Armagh and outside Relatives Action Committee / Youth Against Oppression.
Friday, December 9
• Gaelic Arts Society of Pgh will sponsor their Annual Christmas Party. Reservations Earl McCabe 412.761.1844.Irish Groups & Organizations
Ancient Order of Hibernians, Allegheny County Board, AOH Division 1, 4, & 17 - http://www.pittsburghirish.org/AOH/index.htm
Ancient Order of Hibernians, Division 32 - http://aoh32.org/blog.html
Daughters of Erin and Knights of Equity - http://www.knightsofequity.com/daughters.html
Hall Rental, Blair Leahy – 724-935-4015
Ireland Institute of Pittsburgh - www.iiofpitt.org.
Irish American Unity Conference - www.pittsburghirish.org/IAUC/index.htm
Irish Centre of Pittsburgh – http://www.pittsburghirish.org/irishcentre
Pittsburgh Ceili Club - www.pittsburghceiliclub.org/
Pittsburgh Irish Centre - http://www.pittsburghirish.org/irishcentre/index.htm
Southwestern PA Emerald Societyhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Southwestern-Pennsylvania-Emerald-Society Guests & Interviews in 2011
Sep 4 - Gaelic Arts Society of Pgh with Jack Webber
Sep 18 - Paddy Homan, Singer, Musician, out of Chicago
Oct 9 - SPECIAL “The Clancy Brothers & Tommy Makem” w/ Sean Cogan
Jan 2012 David Regan, Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle’s 20th Anniversary
SPONSORS OF THE IRELAND REPORT 2011
January, February & March - Goodrich, Goodrich Attorney’s At Law, 412.281.1455
April - AOH Division 1, South Hills
May - Knights of Equity http://www.knightsofequity.com/
June - AOH Division 4, North Hills
July - Ireland Institute of Pittsburgh
August – Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle
September - AOH County Board
October - AOH Division 32, Carnegie
November - Irish American Unity Conference
December -Daughters of Erin, http://www.knightsofequity.com/doepgh.htmlInspirational Moments -- Sponsored by
March – Tom Jennings, Prudential Reality
September – Gaelic Arts Society of Pittsburgh
October, November, December -- OPEN