• Echoes of Erin
  • Sundays 12:30PM - 2:00PM
  • WEDO Radio 810AM

One hundred thousand welcomes to you to my official blog of all things Irish from me, Diane Byrnes, host of the Echoes of Erin radio show on WEDO Radio 810AM.

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Pittsburgh Happenings

Dear Friends,

The past few weeks have been quite busy and oh so very hot! On Sunday, July 31st The High Kings performed in a FREE concert at Hartwood Acres. They are absolutely brilliant!

Saturday, August 6th Orla Fallon performed in concert at Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead in Munhall; she was outstanding! The group she had opening for her "The Tin Cups, etc." (sorry to say I did not get all of their name, however, they too were excellent; this group was out of Nashville.

Coming up next month is the Pittsburgh Irish Festival, September 9-11, at The Riverplex. This is a marvelous venue; outdoor with lots of green grass on the Mon River Bank. The entertainment looks to be quite good as well. Check them out online at www.pghirishfest.com.

Last week end I was having a real problem with my Verizon and could not send all the items that needed sending at that time; but the problem seems to be corrected now. And because of that problem I did not even try posting to this blog as I was tired of being frustrated.

Enjoy what you read and if you have any questions, do send me an email at diane.byrnes@verizon.net.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home