• Echoes of Erin
  • Sundays 12:30PM - 2:00PM
  • WEDO Radio 810AM

One hundred thousand welcomes to you to my official blog of all things Irish from me, Diane Byrnes, host of the Echoes of Erin radio show on WEDO Radio 810AM.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I'm Late, I'm Late

It seems the weekend got the best of me and I am late in posting this information. This past weekend was the Pittsburgh Irish Festival and I attended Friday and Saturday. Riverplex is the new venue for the festival and it is a gem; nice green space next to the Mon River. Most folks really enjoy the spaciousness and the sound from the various stages does not conflict.


A few postings ago I told you about Marie Carolan, the young woman from County Mayo. Her mother Mary accompanied me on Friday to the festival; she had a grand time and was delighted that Americans celebrate their 'Irishness' as they do. Mary had the opportunity to enjoy some of the music presented at the festival and meet many locals. Several folks were aware of the severe situation with Marie and were happy to know Marie was coming along well and would be released from the hospital soon.

Mary and I visited with many of the representatives of our Irish organizations and others along the way. At one point we sat to eat a meal and chatted with some folks who were soon making their way to Ireland. Mary gave some good touring advice.

It was good to share this evening with Mary Carolan; and I was delighted she could enjoy herself with all she has had to endure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home