Dateline - January 15
Sunday’s, 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM
Irish / Celtic Radio Programming
Diane V. Byrnes DATELINE IRISH
78 GRANT AVE. January 15, 2012
PITTSBURGH, PA. 15223 PROGRAM # 1243
Dateline Irish sponsored by BrandMill, LLC, - marketing experts who will transform your business through fact-based processes and innovative marketing systems designed to achieve dramatic, measurable and profitable results. Steve Wayhart 412.401.0555.
Jack Goodrich, Attorney At Law
An Inspirational Moment is sponsored by
AOH Division 17 in Monroeville
· Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810AM beginning at 12:30pm; The Ireland Report with Davy Kettyles in Dublin.
Tuesday, January 17
· Paddy’s Pour House, 215 East Main Street, Carnegie, 412.279.0770, features Irish Night with Harp, Guinness, & Smithwick’s Specials from 8:00 PM. Happy Hour is every Tuesday through Friday from 5pm to 7pm. Paddys' opens at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Dinner Hours: Tues-Thurs 5-10 p.m., Fri & Sat 5-11 p.m.
· Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, features Ceili Dancing from 7:00 pm.
Thursday, January 19
· Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622 features Trivia Night with Johnny Connolly. Proceeds benefit Gaelic Football in Pittsburgh.
· Pittsburgh Public Theater Presents “As You Like It”, the pursuit of happiness is at the heart of Shakespeare’s romantic comedy in this all-new production directed by Ted Pappas. January 19 – February 19, 2012 at the O’Reilly Theater, Pittsburgh Public. For tickets call 412.316.1600 or visit ppt.org. As You Like It is Presented by PNC.
Friday & Saturday, January 20 & 21
· Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622 features Guaranteed Irish with Paddy Folan, Bruce Foley, and Jim Lamb, at 9:00PM.
Saturday, January 21
· All Ireland Athletic Club presents “Frost on the Shamrock” with Andy Cooney and his Band, at the VFW, 401 Draper Street, East Pittsburgh, 7:00pm to 11:00pm. Tickets in Advance $20. at the Door $25, 412-367-0696 or email: email@example.com
Sunday, January 22
· Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810AM, The Ireland Report with Mairtin O’Muilleoir, Managing Director of the Belfast Media Group, www.belfastmediagroup.com AND President of the Irish Echo Newspaper, www.irishecho.com. Live Stream – www.wedo810.com click on “Listen Live’. Guest in studio is David Regan, Proprietor & Manager at Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle; www.harpandfiddle.com.
Wednesday, January 25
· Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622 features Mark Guiser on vocals & guitar at 7:30PM.
Thursday, January 26
· Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622 – Pub Closed for Private Party, 7-10PM.
Friday & Saturday, January 27 & 28
· Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622 features, Celtic Clan out of Boston with Frank Ryan, Billy Hardy, and Hughie Purcell, at 9:00PM.
Saturday, January 28
· Attention Irish Musicians: An Irish Seisiun/ Night of Irish Music will take place at St. Joseph’s Hall in Sharon PA. beginning at 6:30PM and you are invited to attend / play. Free Parking and a link to help you find your way: http://tinyurl.com/228zcj. Information Ted Miller at Irishsongs@roadrunner.com or 724.528.3134 or 724.866.2202.
Sunday, January 29
· Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810am, The Ireland Report with Diane Byrnes Live Stream – www.wedo810.com click on “Listen Live’.
· Gaelic Arts Society of Pgh, ‘Sunday Afternoon at the Movies’, 2:30pm, Site TBA, Open to the Public.
Saturday, February 4
· Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle 2329 Penn Ave., in The Strip, 412.642.6622, presents their 20th Anniversary celebration beginning at 11:30AM. Ceili Dance session Under the Tent (2-4pm); Jam Session (4-8pm), any Irish performer who has ever graced the Pub stage (Under the Tent too) is welcome back for a Session; Gerry Timlin, singer, musician, originally from Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland. Gerry opened the Pub back in 1992 and has performed many times here There will be Photo Displays, Sampling of Past Menus, Prizes & Giveaways. Special Toast to celebrate the life of Anne Mullaney. COVER CHARGE $2.00 that will be donated to the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank. Come celebrate 20 years of Authentic Irish Hospitality. Information: 412.642.6622.
· Echoes of Erin’s “Back Two” Raffle, week Number 1. Information Diane Byrnes 412.781.6368 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, February 5
· Beginning Year 24 – Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810am, The Ireland Report with Patricia Sharkey, Donegal; Editor of the Donegal Newsletter at www.dun-na-ngall.com. Live Stream – www.wedo810.com click on “Listen Live’.
Saturday, February 11
· Pittsburgh GAA will celebrate their success of last season with a Banquet at Gaetano’s Restaurant, 1617 Banksville Road, Pittsburgh PA 15216; there will be food, open bar, awards, entertainment, and a good time for all! Tickets $40 Per Person. RSVP by Sunday January 22 to Dave Roberts at email@example.com or 412.592.3353.
Sunday, February 12
· Echoes of Erin on WEDO 810am beginning at 12:30pm. The Ireland Report from Galway with Brian Nolan. www.wedo810.com ‘Listen Live’.
Friday, February 17
· Calliope, Pgh Folk Music Society presents Common Threads at Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, 6300 Fifth Ave., Shadyside, 7:30PM. Talented ensemble of local folk artists for three decades, CT is back! Original band members Bob Banerjee, Jan Boyd & Casey Deely are reunited with exciting addition of Nathan Zoob & Dave Pellow for creative renditions of new, old & original folk traditions with signature CT harmonies. If you aren't yet a "Thread Head", you will be by the end of this show!
Friday, February 24 through Sunday, February 26
· Allegheny County AOH Men’s Retreat at St. Paul’s Monastery in Pittsburgh’s Southside Neighborhood. Come and see this 135 year old Hibernian Tradition of sharing the Sacraments, Prayer, Meditation, and Fellowship preceding our Patron Saint’s Glorious Feast Day and subsequent celebrations! Please contact Larry Squires, firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 760-2600 for details.
Saturday, February 25
· St. Teresa of Avila Church, Ross Township will host their ‘Irishfest Celebration’ beginning with Mass at 6:00PM with Fr. Naos McColl followed by Dinner at 7:00PM and entertainment with the Bell School of Irish Dance and Guaranteed Irish. Tickets $25 each, contact Bud Burke at 412.366.6720.
Wednesday, February 29
· Westmoreland Cultural Trust presents Gaelic Storm, 7:30pm at The Palace Theatre, 23 W. Otterman St., Greensburg 15601; Tickets 724-836-8000. Service Charge applies.
Sunday, March 4 through Sunday, April 22
· Irish Dance Academy at Winchester Thurston School with Kelly Uranker. Students will learn beginner jig and reel steps and other Ceili dances. Classes take place each Sunday from 4:30PMo 5:30PM. Register through this link: http://www.winchesterthurston.org/page.cfm?p=1312
Monday, March 5
· The Saw Doctors performing live at The Altar Bar, 1620 Penn Ave., in The Strip. 412.263.2877.
Saturday, March 10
· Pittsburgh Ceili Club presents their ‘23rd Annual Kick-Off Ceili’ at Mt. Assisi Center, 934 Forest Ave., Pgh PA 15202.in Ross Township, Bellevue, Pa. (Entrance on Quail Ave). Appetizers & Refreshments @ 7:00PM, Dancing @ 8:00PM. Tickets in Advance $20 for Members, $25 Non-members; Door $25. Send check payable to Pittsburgh Ceili Club, c/o Jean Kaniecki, 105 Sunnyhill Drive, Pgh PA 15237. Information Cheryl McLafferty Grey, email@example.com or 724-353-0123
· Calliope Pgh Folk Music Society presents --Dervish, 7:30PM at Carnegie Lecture Hall in Oakland. Tickets: ProArtsTickets: (412) 394-3353, www.proartstickets.org. Dervish performances feature a myriad of tones and moods ranging from high energy tunes played with fluidity and intuitiveness, to inspiring melodies that lift audiences from their seats. Opening Act: Callan
Wednesday, March 14
· Eileen Ivers & Immigrant Soul performing in Concert at The Byham Theatre, 7:30PM.
Saturday, March 17
· Pittsburgh St. Patrick’s Day Parade beginning at 10:00AM.
Wednesday, March 21
· Celtic Woman in Concert at Consul Energy Center, 7:30PM.
Thursday, April 19
· Gráinne Hambly & William Jackson, Masters of the Celtic Harp:Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, 6300 Fifth Ave., Shadyside, 7:30PM. Gráinne Hambly and William Jackson are two of the foremost harpers of Ireland and Scotland. Combining their extraordinary talents on harp as well as concertina, tinwhistle and bouzouki, The Masters of the Celtic Harp, have been performing all over the country and dazzling audiences with their artistry. With demanding solo careers that often have them performing on different continents, their Two Sides of Celtic show is a special treat.
Saturday, April 28
· Spring Monte Carlo Night Season Kickoff Fundraiser for the Pittsburgh Gaelic Athletic Association. Details TBA.
May 9 & 10
· Riverdance “Farewell Tour” presented by Westmoreland Cultural Trust. The Palace Theatre, 23 W. Otterman St., Greensburg 15601; Tickets 724-836-8000. Service Charge applies.
Saturday, September 22
· Highland Games at Idlewild Park in Ligioner has changed dates to today.
Guests & Interviews in 2012
Jan 22 David Regan, Mullaney’s Harp & Fiddle’s 20th Anniversary
Feb Patrick O’Brien, Chairman of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade
SPONSORS OF THE IRELAND REPORT 2012
January, February & March – Jack Goodrich, Attorney at Law
All the other Groups and Companies need to be confirmed for 2012
Inspirational Moment for January –
Sponsored by AOH Division 17 in Monroeville.